Saturday, September 7, 2013

Oh my tappet..

        Yesterday.... my mech and  I went to MAA dynoworks at Permatang Pauh, Penang. The Previous day, he went alone with my car to make a dyno run with dyno dynamics at Mael Evo workshop. He said that he was on the dyno from 1700 to 0200. Whooaa.. it means that there must be a problem. You see MAM 226 is a car that really get me on my nerves sometimes. When i make some alteration here and there, i knew that she will give me trouble somewhere.. The last two days when my mech tried to run it on a dyno, MIVEC wont work. I was at home that time when he called me and ask about the wiring that i loop when i install the AFC Neo. I was surprised when he said that the RPM on my tach only revs as high as 7000 revolution. So they had a hard time altering the problems and yeah, he was dissappointed and had to go back home without satisfaction. Sucks! 
        On the other hand, i used every resources i could get on the internet, and thanks to MIVEC.co.nz, i manage to find some resources regarding why MIVEC wont work. First it says that maybe there's a problem with the ECU...sucks... Second, the oil sump has a dent.Next, lack of oil pressure, and last, worn camtray or bearings...perghhh...cost a bomb. Anyway, i copy paste the forum and send it to my mech, and i dont give a damn about it because maybe i trusted him??lol.. but yesterday when i went to the workshop, he thanked me for giving those forums and said that the problem is with the valve clearance..Shit..So , he adjust it to 10/20 mm and MIVEC works fine eventhough on lean fuel..So, double the work, we shoot back to Penang and had it dynoed.. Sucks, I only get 170 ++ hp on dynojet due to the thickness of 1.5 mm metal gasket..should have used 1 or 1.2 mm. But when riding it home, i feel that the horsepower is enough la since i no longer prefer racing this piece of junk.So, from now on, i dont think i'll be racing in the streets again, haha...

No comments:

Post a Comment